ESCAPE: Click here to quickly leave our web page
North Shore Horizons offers Free and Confidential Emergency assistance for victims of violence, 24 hours a day, every day.
North Shore Horizon Services:
- 24 Hour Hotline for support, information and referrals
- Emergency Housing
- Transitional and Supportive Housing
- Support Groups
- Advocacy on survivor’s behalf with other agencies and organizations
- Legal Advocacy (preparation and accompaniment for legal proceedings)
- Law Enforcement Accompaniment
- Medical Accompaniment
- Clothing, Bedding, Household Items
- Information and Referrals
Volunteer Crisis Line Advocate Positions Available!
Are You interested Inů
- Providing assistance to domestic and sexual violence victims?
- Learning about systems change and creating a safer community for all people?
- Learning more about crisis intervention, support services and advocacy?
- Building professional skills applicable to many fields?
- Becoming involved in your community and promoting equality for all?
- Meeting others with a similar interest in social justice issues?
If so, becoming a Crisis Line Advocate would be the perfect volunteer position for you!
Volunteer advocates must:
- Attend a 40-hour training, this is provided bi-annually
- Pass a background check
- Be willing to volunteer a minimum of 3 self-selected nights per month on the crisis line
Please contact North Shore Horizons if you are interested in becoming a crisis line advocate!
Next training will start in the Spring!
Contact Rachel at 218-834-5924
To read about other ways you can help NSH, please click the You Can Help tab.
Thank you for your interest!